4. Determine Your Needs and Wants- You’ll want to make two separate lists based on your needs and wants. Your needs should be those things you absolutely have to have in your Lake Michigan Shoreline home. Your wants will be those items that you would prefer, but are willing to compromise on.
5. Find a Reputable Lake Michigan Shoreline Real Estate Agent- You’ll want to find a real estate agent who has experience in the Lake Michigan Shoreline Real Estate market. An agent who has years of experience in the area will be a great asset in helping you find a neighborhood and home that best fits your needs and lifestyle.
6. Find a Lender- It is easy to want to begin searching online for your home, but without a sense of how much you qualify for; it’s easy to waste time looking at homes you might not be able to afford. Meet with a lender before you begin looking at homes and get pre-qualified. You’ll be able to search more effectively online and when you begin working with a Lake Michigan Shoreline Real Estate agent to find a home.
7. Choose the Right Area- We feel that any you can’t go wrong in any Lake Michigan Shoreline areas that you choose! However, we also understand that each neighborhood or area of town does have a unique atmosphere and things to offer, so you’ll want to find the place that suits you the best.
8. Make an Offer- Your Lake Michigan Shoreline Real Estate agent will be able to give you a list of comparable homes in the area, and can help you determine an offer that is fair for the market. They will also make sure that you are being dealt with fairly as a first time home buyer.
9. Have a Home Inspection- This is very important! Even if the home looks perfect inside and out; there is no way of knowing what issues there may be without a home inspection. You don’t want to buy a home only to find that it needs the roof replaced or there is water damage. Having the home thoroughly inspected allows you to know exactly what you can expect in the Lake Michigan Shoreline home you buy.
10. Finalize- Once the contract is signed; you’ll still want to stay in touch with your agent and lender. There are always last minute finalizations that need to be made.